5 weeks, $295, Every Thursday evening, 6.30 to 9.30, June 2 to June 30. 10 tickets available.
David Kemp will give a brief overview of the classical method of oil painting and the importance of a consistent value structure. (If students haven't worked on a nine-step value system, he will take you through this as it is a small class with one-on-one opportunity). He will then delve further into colour mixing theory through demonstrations and student exercises.
The students will be encouraged to take their own reference image and produce a full colour rendering of the subject. New students can work on a tonal image provided, if preferred. The subject matter is entirely of the students choosing i.e Portrait, still life, landscape etc. David will provide one-on one mentoring and assist throughout this more complicated colour rendering process.
All levels of oil painting experience are warmly welcomed. Happy Painting!
• Notebook & pen/pencil
• Your choice of canvas/board surface. Proportions to suit your chosen image (just be considerate of time and space for larger works). Make sure the Surface is pre-primed.
• Odourless turps & other cleaning materials.
• Brushes: Good quality, synthetic Filberts/Flats brushes are recommended for this workshop: i.e. Neef: Size 0, 2 & 4, 8.
• Your own image/photograph; Please ensure this is of reasonable quality and is ideally printed to no less than 50% the size of your canvas/working surface. Please bring along 1x colour copy and 1x Black and White copy. Alternatively, a digital copy is acceptable i.e. working from an iPad (just make sure it’s charged ☺).
Paints: The following paint manufactures: Michael Harding, Old Holland, Blockx, Langridge, Winsor & Newton, Rembrandt are recommended.
• Titanium White, Cremnitz White (optional), Lead or flake white (optional) • Naples Yellow Pale (optional)
• Cadmium Lemon Yellow (optional)
• Yellow Ochre Pale/light
• Cadmium Red or Chinese Vermillion
• Terra Rosa (or Venetian Red, Burnt Sienna)
• Alizarin Crimson
• Transparent Oxide Red
• Burnt Umber
• Oxide of Chromium Green (optional)
• Ultramarine blue deep
• Ivory Black (optional)
ART CLASS TERMS & CONDITIONS
Full Payment at time of booking is essential.
Cancellations - if you cancel
Please double check the date and your availability before booking because cancelling your booking will result in forfeit of payment.
If you have booked and cannot attend, you may send a friend to take your place. Please advise us and we will transfer the booking into their name. Non attendance under any circumstances forfeits the fee paid and is non transferrable.
As classes require a minimum number of participants to go ahead, your cancellation may mean the class is unable to continue - causing other attendees to miss out and the tutor to be cancelled at the last minute.
If Atelier Crafers Cancels a class or workshop
All classes require a minimum number of bookings to enable them to go ahead. Minimum numbers may vary from class to class, however any class that does not meet the minimum requirement will be cancelled. Participants will be notified 48 hours before the start of the class or workshop and will be offered a transfer into the next available class or receive a credit towards another class.
Check costs at time of booking as they are subject to change without notice. Materials are not included unless stated. Classes will be cancelled on Catastrophic Fire Days and rescheduled.
Should you miss one or more sessions – full fee is still payable.
Atelier Crafers does not accept responsibility for changes in personal circumstances.
If due to a COVID 19 Lockdown and the workshop or class cannot be facilitated, it will be postponed to a later date. Unfortunately refunds cannot be given
Where can I park?
Atelier Crafers is on Cox Place, Crafers – directly behind the BP service station on Main Street.
Parking is available at the tennis courts on Sharrod Court at the rear of Atelier Crafers and on the kerb opposite Atelier Crafers.
We ask that you do not park in the car parks designated as private or in other people’s driveways.
An accessible parking space is available at the front of Atelier Crafers for those who have a disabled parking permit.
Bus routes run up the freeway regularly to the Crafers park n ride and the Main Street of Crafers.
Where can I buy coffee and food?
We have a full licensed café that will be available before, during and after your workshop.
Please contact us on 83396590 for any other questions