$120 for a full day workshop; a comprehensive art class in pastel painting. Lunch and beverages are available for purchase from our cafe. **Please scroll down for the MATERIALS LIST**
Images will be provided for this class. The day will cover painting a coastline, with rocks, sea spray and ocean. Techniques of mark-making, tone and colour mixing will be covered first, as well as an introduction into the different paper types for different pastel effects and textures.
The class is open to artists of all skill levels and will explore methods and techniques to simplify the image. Demonstrations will be given, as well as plenty of one-on-one tuition.
This pastel class is hosted by South Australian pastel artist, Janette Humble, who recently featured in an episode of the popular art series 'Colour in Your Life'.
Please refer to the below materials list for what you need to bring.
6 tickets available.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a soft pastel workshop, not oil pastels or pastel pencils. Janette will supply the paper at a cost of $7 (additional to workshop cost).
--Desktop or standing easels are available for use.
- White conte stick or pastel pencil
- Pastel paper - Art Spectrum, Colour Fix. Full sheet to be cut in half before arrival. Either a raw sienna or soft umber or burnt umber.
- a broad selection of soft pastels - warm and cool tones suitable for the subject. Better to have too many than not enough.
- a soft brush to brush off excess pastel.
- apron or art shirt to protect clothing
- sketch pad and pencil
- a backing board of foam core or MDF
- ground sheet or newspaper to catch pastel dust.
Terms and conditions:
Payment at time of booking is essential.
Fees are non refundable unless classes are cancelled by the tutor for reasons of minimum numbers not being met, or other reason provided. Check costs at time of booking as they are subject to change without notice. Materials are not included unless stated. Classes will be cancelled on Catastrophic Fire Days.
Please choose carefully, Atelier Crafers does not provide refunds or transfers except where an event is cancelled by Atelier Crafers.
Should you miss one or more sessions – full fee is still payable.
Atelier Crafers does not accept responsibility for changes in personal circumstances.